(Driving the) Florida Trail

1/30-2/7, 2009


The original plan was a
seven day hike around
Lake Okeechobee.





But most of it looked like this.

...and my pack was too heavy
...and my foot was sore
...and I missed the Super Bowl
...etc etc.

SO...

I ditched it.

And decided to spend the week camping along the Florida Trail on my
way to New Orleans. I had done some of the middle section last year
so I had a couple of favorite spots I wanted to revisit. Other places in
the south or the west were new discoveries.




Night 1; Sanchez Memorial Trail








Night 2; Hickory Hammock







Night 3; Hopkins Prairie-
Ocala National Forest







Night 4; Osceola National Forest







Night 5; Motel in Tallahassee.
(Hey it was COLD!!!)
after checking out
Appalachicola National Forest






Night 6; Alabama Connector